13 Dec RECIPE: Healthy ‘Almond Joy’ Balls | Patchogue, NY
Looking for a delicious AND nutritious snack? These gems are perfect for the Holidays, and really – any day!
1 Cup dates, pitted
1 cup Almonds, soaked
2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 Cup shredded coconut. (Unsweetened)
pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut oil
More shredded coconut to finish.
- Drain the almonds and add then to the bowl of your food processor with all of the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until the nuts are well chopped and a thick ‘dough’ starts to form. It may look grainy – that’s okay.
- Remove the blade for the food processor. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball between your hands. It will help if you squeeze the mixture together tightly before rolling. (To make things less messy, coat your hands with coconut oil first. It’s good for the skin too!)
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- ‘Dip’ the finished balls into reserved shredded coconut.
- Store balls in a sealed container for up to a month in the fridge or freeze for much longer.
- Roll balls in cocoa
- Roll finished balls in finely chopped peanuts or almonds.
For more recipes like this one and a Free Holiday Survival Guide, visit my website!